Shot Peening and Blasting knowledge
On this page you will find answers to many technical or physical questions related to blasting machines. The difference between pressure blasting, injection blasting is explained, the roughness to be achieved. The mechanical or air-technical requirements in the design of a blasting machine are discussed. On the page of blast cabinets and blasting halls you can already see the list of subjects passing by.
This site is in continuous development.
- The blasting process to be chosen
- Blasting media
- What should you pay attention to and what determines the choice of abrasive size and type of abrasive.
- What requirements does the paint layer or the powder coat layer place on the abrasive?
- How many times can the abrasive be used before it has disintegrated into dust?
- How do I determine the abrasive if I know the required roughness?
- Which grain size belongs to the coding of the abrasive?
- What hardness does abrasive have?
- What is the compressed air consumption?
- Blasting with corund
- How does this choice affect the design of a blasting machine? Perhaps the blasting media recycling installation could be simpler or it may need to be expanded. Maybe we should count on the capacity of this installation!
- The product to be blasted has a great influence on the blasting machine
- Stainless steel product
- Normal steel product
- Tempered steel such as chrome nickel alloys
- Atex requirements when blasting. These requirements are very important for the safety of your blasting machine
- Environmental requirements during blasting
- Dust production due to abrasive disintegrating
- The automation process
- The extraction installation depends on the choice of blasting machine
- The extraction capacity
- The required fabric surface
- The choice of filter cartridges
- Perhaps the extraction should be performed with a two-stage solution!
- Choosing a blasting machine. On this page we help you choose a:
- Hand blasting cabinet
- Automatised blasting solution
- Large walk-in blasting room
- Large blast hall
- Blast container
- Wheel blasting machine
Straaltechniek International Group
We offer the most advanced solutions in the (high-end) metal processing industry and supply customisation for each specific problem.
A global network of sales and service points provides support in the execution of our extremely diverse range of projects.